How the 'InMemory' Donations Management System Works
Managing donations is an administrative burden, for every 100 funerals undertaken; we calculate you will have about 1,400 donations to deal with! Our easy to use software handles traditional donations like cash & cheques as easily as enabling credit &
debit card donations via your website. It simplifies & streamlines the administration & produces all the reports and letters you need.
For your Families
- Donors access an “In Memory” page for each person via your website. The page as shown here, can include a life story of any length together with interspersed photographs.
- Details and information about the charity(ies) selected are shown, with a link to their website.
- Full details of the funeral service(s) can be shown along with maps of the service locations - these can be printed out.
- The messages of condolence left are also displayed (if the donor wishes) .
- A rotating photo carousel showing as many further family photographs as is desired.
- A running total of the value of donations to date can also be shown, if required.
- Donors donate with their debit/credit card, and can with one click, add Gift Aid to their donation (to date 80%+ do) as well as leaving a personal condolence message (to date 90% do).
- The webpages are available permanently, allowing donations globally at any time. Every online card donation is instantly acknowledged with a personal customised e-mail from you the funeral director, confirming receipt.
- Since the beginning of 2017 we have processed 50,000+ donations for our customers, totalling over £2,000,000 of donations.
By analysing donor postcodes, we calculate that around two thirds of donors will live in your trading area and so are prospective future customers. They are given an option to be added to your mailing list, so you can make them aware of your events and services. - So you are building a list of local people that you can keep informed in the future. This list is of course, exclusively yours.
For your charities and Staff
InMemory’ is a Cloud-based platform, which means we handle the headache of backing up and updating software for you. Your staff can access the administration system from anywhere, via a user login and password, in their internet browser.
Easy Page Creation
From the user dashboard, you can create each new page, where you add the deceased and the funeral details together with photographs and a life story. Any traditional donations e.g. cash, or cheque can be added as they are received, and online donations are added automatically in real-time.
Adding a new ‘InMemory’ page typically takes 5 to 10 minutes and is then instantly available for donations and condolence messages on your website.
Full Integration with Funeral Manager
The great news is that InMemory integrates seamlessly with Funeral Manager, so if you are using this system already you will have the luxury of all the information being passed between the two systems and InMemory being pre populated with the funeral service information. Users then just choose the charities, add the photographs, biography and the collection page is then live and available to collect online and offline donations. InMemory manages the donations process and Funeral Manager manages the rest of the funeral arrangement.
One Click Reports
You choose when the collection period ends so you can close each Donation Profile separately, and run the reports and editable letters (Microsoft Excel & Word format). The summary report shows exactly what has been collected for each Charity – all you need to do is add in the outgoing cheque payment details for all banked donations.
HMRC Approved Report for Charities
For the Charity(ies), there is a fully detailed report of each donation, in the exact approved format required by HMRC for claiming Gift Aid. The report and covering letter provide details of the next of kin and their relationship to the deceased – enabling the Charity to acknowledge receipt directly to the family.
For the family, we produce an editable letter listing the donor’s names, any condolence messages left (as well as a note if they have sent in a letter/card) and the totals collected for each Charity including Gift Aid.
How is 'InMemory' Different from other Donation Systems?
Most donation system providers take their fee directly from the charity donation as a percentage – we think this is wrong. The percentage varies, but we have seen up to 8%, sounds cheap until you work it out! We take a fixed fee from you and leave it up to you to decide if you pass any, or all of it, on.
‘InMemory’ handles EVERY form of donation – be it cash, the service collection, or cheques as well as online card donations.
‘InMemory’ is “inserted” into YOUR website, and is totally “unbranded” so when donors visit your website they stay on your website to use what appears to be your service.
EVERY card donation is instantly acknowledged with a customisable e-mail FROM YOU and your company. ‘InMemory’ leaves YOU in complete CONTROL of the process and all funds. We even provide a reconciliation function within the software back to your charity’s bank account.
The bottom line - How do you benefit?
- You retain complete control of the whole process.
- The pages provide mourners with printable service details (with maps), without the need to call you.
- You are offering your families a new service, the system is effectively an additional online obituary.
- It automates your administration; with every electronic donation the donor does the logging work for you!
- InMemory’ pages generate website traffic increasing awareness of your company & its services.
- ‘InMemory’ includes the ability to gather interested donor contact data (with their permission).
- The system is totally auditable and reconciliation reports provide a complete audit trail.
‘InMemory’ has been live since 2013 and has now processed over 50,000 donations for our Funeral Director customers totalling £2.25 million and counting!
Increasingly families are choosing to collect donations for charity(ies) as a way of remembering their loved-ones.
Each of our customers has been amazed to discover the sheer volume and value of donations they had been managing (we provide you with an annual summary of all donations made) and virtually all without Gift Aid. ‘InMemory’ delivers you, the independent funeral director, the following significant benefits:
For more information about how the 'InMemory' Donation Management System can benefit your business, please contact us and we will happily show you the future of Donations Management.